The aronia berry is a super fruit, containing more antioxidants than blueberries, cranberries, elderberries, and raspberries! Numerous studies have linked aronia berries to potential health benefits such as helping to fight cardiovascular disease, normalizing blood pressure, diabetes prevention & help, urinary tract health, weight control, anti-carcinogenic effect, and many more. Why are aronia berries so beneficial? They contain a high level of polyphenols, which are micronutrients with antioxidant activity found in various plant foods. Within the polyphenol family, flavonoids are of particular interest as they have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Aronia berries contain an extremely high concentration of a certain flavonoids called anthocyanin, having 1,480mg of anthocyanin per 100g of fresh aronia fruit. The black aronia species (Aronia melanocarpa) contains higher levels of anthocyanin than purple or red aronia.
Since plants product anthocyanins as a protective mechanism in response to environmental stressors, our aronia berries are grown in the harshest conditions and are kept at sub-zero temperatures for half of the year. Made according to the standards of General Principles of Food Hygiene including HACCP, with no added water, sugar, additives or preservatives, naturally gluten & lactose-free, our products are minimally processed using a cold-pressing technique that protects nutrients, and stored in double insulated glass amber bottle to prevent UV degradation of nutrients. Powerful antioxidant capacity of pure and natural 100% cold-pressed Siberian Aronia Berry juice Aronia Treasure is ORAC6 20,600+ μmolTE per serving size (50ml). Aronia Treasure was measured for its ORAC value by the Brunswick Laboratories, Boston, Massachusetts. We recommend adding aronia to your favorite juice or smoothie. It will make for a delicious and powerful antioxidant boost! Aronia Treasure will boost your health and may help in addressing and preventing many common ailments that have become increasingly prevalent in our modern world.
- "Anthocyanins are common ingredients of human diet, and the rich source of them are: aronia fruits, black currant, raspberry, grapes and apples. Because of their chemical structure they are able to influence many active substances in human body having antioxidative, antiinflammatory and cardioprotective activity." Read abstract & full paper
- "Fruits of Aronia melanocarpa (chokeberry) are known to be a reach source of polyphenols. Moreover, its extracts were shown to express strong antioxidant, antiinflammatory, vasorelaxant and antithrombotic properties." Read abstract & full paper
- "In view of the fact that chokeberry flavonoids reduce the severity of inflammation, regardless of statins, they can be used clinically for secondary prevention of ischaemic heart disease." Read abstract & clinical study
- "Various epidemiological studies have shown an inverse association between the consumption of polyphenols or polyphenol-rich foods and the risk of cardiovascular diseases. The purpose of the study was to emphasize the effects of the polyphenolic extract from the isolated and purified vegetable material represented by the mature fruit of the Aronia melanocarpa on biochemical parameters and histopatological modifications." Read full paper
- "Anthocyanin-rich extracts, potent antioxidants and commercially available food coloring agents, have been reported to inhibit growth of various cancer cell lines. We investigated the effect of semipurified anthocyanin-rich extract from fruits of Aronia meloncarpa, on normal colon and colon cancer cell lines." Read full study paper
- "The aim of this study was to investigate the bioavailability of anthocyanins from chokeberry juice with a dietary-relevant dose of anthocyanins." Read full study paper
- "These findings may provide new insights into understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of A. melanocarpa fruits on endothelial cells and imply that these berries or other products rich in anthocyanidins may have therapeutic potential in the prevention of atherosclerosis and other pathological events involving leucocyte adhesion." Read full study paper
- "Natural Aronia melanocarpa fruit juice is rich in polyphenols most of which are anthocyanins. These compounds and other natural plant products are recently evaluated for their anti-infectious activity." Read full study paper
- "The low calorie juice Aronia melanocarpa (sugar free, with artificial sweeteners) could be a valuable adjunct to the complex therapy of patients with diabetes mellitus. In this study no increased blood glucose levels were established 60 min. following ingestion of 200 ml Aronia juice." Read abstract of this clinical study.
- "Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a major problem in nursing homes, and the mainstay of treatment is antibiotics. The increasing prevalence of uropathogens resistant to antimicrobial agents has stimulated interest in specific nutrients, for example, cranberries, to prevent recurring UTI. Black chokeberry (Aronia melanocarpa) is a rich source of phenolics, and thus, dietary intake of black chokeberry juice may reduce the incidences of UTI requiring medical treatment." Read full study paper
- "The aim of our study was to investigate possible beneficial effects of organic chokeberry juice (OCJ) consumption in the treatment of cellulite." Read full study paper
More Aronia Links